Why to Prefer Whey Protein For Overall Health and Wellness?

If you are new in bodybuilding, there are chances that you may not be knowing about Whey protein. It is one of the most popular protein supplements among bodybuilders. That is a part of their fitness regime whether it is weight loss, bulk up, or shredding. So, it is obvious to hear about it everyday in the gym. It effectively nourishes the muscles and bones with premium quality protein. From faster muscle recovery, healing, to helping new cells to produce, almost everything is taken care of with the premium type of protein. But it is quite effective to the people who are upto general wellness. That is why it is getting popular among those people who don't usually go to the gym but care for general health and wellness. Let’s know something more about the type of protein, its wide range of benefits, and side effects.

What is whey protein?
Whey protein consists of a mixture of nutrients like immunoglobins, alpha lactalbumin, beta lactoglobulin, and bovine serum albumin. One of the proteins found in milk other than casein that shares all the nutritional values with milk from amino acids, vitamin C, vitamin A, B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, protein, and others. Milk consists of only 20 % of this protein and the other 80% is casein. But people prefer whey protein more than casein. This is because it is a fast digesting protein unlike casein protein. With this trait, whey protein is quite effective after training in muscle recovery and development.

Whey protein supplementation along with intense exercises, strength, and cardio exercises are quite effective to support any kind of fitness goal

Usually, whey is produced during the cheese making process. You must have noticed the thick substances while filtering the white portioned liquid. These thick substances are collected and converted to powder which is known as whey supplement. Mainly, there are three types of whey protein.

Types of Whey Protein:
When whey powder is produced, it comes with many nutrients, almost like milk. It is processed and extracted to give some particular nutrients in larger amounts for achieving any fitness goal. With the process of that extraction, the types of whey protein supplements are manufactured. Mainly they are three types:

1.Concentrate Whey Protein: If you are looking for the lower carbohydrates and fat in your whey protein, choose concentrate whey. It is made by further processing the whey protein. Also consists of all other nutrients that you get from whey protein.
2.Isolate Whey Protein: Are you lactose intolerant and want premium protein for faster muscle recovery and growth ? Whey Isolate protein is the best choice for you. It is made from whey protein just by extracting all the nutrients except protein. So, it consists of whey protein upto 90 % or more.
3.Hydrolyzed whey protein: Maybe you can face digestive problems with whey protein supplements. So, to avoid the issue, you need a predigested form of whey that must have already gone through a pre digestive process. It makes the protein better for absorption. Here comes the role of hydrolyzed whey protein which is one of the most easy digested whey proteins.

Benefits of Whey Protein:
Along with bodybuilders, whey is quite beneficial for common health and offer wide range of health benefits, like:

  • Weight management: If you are thin, it helps you to gain weight and if you are obese, it helps you to get healthy weight.

  • Faster muscle recovery: After intense training sessions, it is one of the most effective for faster muscle recovery.

  • Breathing issues: It is found that whey can improve the immune system to breathing issues in children.

Side Effects of Whey Protein:
We all have seen a wide range of health benefits of whey protein but it is also true that it is not immune from side effects. If you take more than recommended doses for a longer period of time or you are allergic to lactose, you may face some common issues as well.

  • Digestion issues

  • Bloating, gas

  • Stomach cramps

  • Diarrea

  • Heart issues

  • Fatigue

  • Lack of appetite

  • Unwanted weight gain

  • Nausea and headache

  • May have kidney stones

  • May have liver issues

Whey protein supplementation along with intense exercises, strength, and cardio exercises are quite effective to support any kind of fitness goal. If water intake and other healthy habits are kept in mind, the supplementation can provide you the maximum health benefits. Make sure that you are taking the right supplement with a reliable brand. So that authenticity and responsibility would be intact.